- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter (plan on 1 Tbs per potato)
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh herbs (or 2-3 tsp dried):
- try basil, thyme, oregano, chives, or Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan (other cheeses would be good as well)
- Wash and dry potatoes; peel if desired. Cut into thin slices, but not all the way through the potato (use the handle of a wooden spoon placed alongside the potato to prevent cutting all the way through). Place potatoes in a baking dish. Sprinkle with butter, salt and herbs, getting some between each slice.
- Bake at 400°F for 45 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. Once or twice during cooking, spoon melted butter from the bottom of the pan over potatoes. Top with cheese and bake an additional 10 minutes.